Suleman (Soli) Osman is the Principal of Osmans Solicitors. He has been practicing law for nearly 37 years. Soli worked in a number of Law Centres for a number of years followed by a spell in private practice before becoming a partner in the firm Scudamore Osman in Hammersmith. Soli has lectured extensively on Immigration and Nationality Law to the advice sector and has held a number of positions and offices over the last 30 years including
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Joint Council for the Welfare of Immigrants (JCWI) (1984);
- Press Officer, Law Centres Federation (LCF) (1985)
- Chairperson of the Law Centres Federation (1986-1987) and currently advises a number of charitable organisations.
Soli was a Member of the Race and Law Centre Enquiry that investigated allegations of institutional racism in the Law Centre movement which led to radical reforms.
Within the Law Centres Federation, Soli was a founding member of the Black Legal Workers and Managers Group and was a Member of the Race and Law Centre Enquiry that investigated allegations of institutional racism in the Law Centre movement which led to radical reforms.
Soli has also written a paper entitled “Malawi – Economic Reforms and Good Governance” on behalf of the Malawi Asian Organisation. The document was submitted to the IMF, World Bank, Malawi Government and deals with anti corruption matters and transparency.
He is currently the Secretary of the Malawi Asian Organisation of the UK.
Apart from Human Rights, Soli strongly advocates mediation and arbitration in resolution of disputes, whether commercial or domestic.
Soli received an award from a leading local organisation in the London Borough of Hounslow for recognition of lifetime services for the betterment of local people in Hounslow
Osmans Solicitors was set up in February 2004. It is one of the successor practices of Scudamore Osman Solicitors.
- The aim of the practice is to provide high quality legal services at affordable prices
- To provide simple and comprehensible information without the use of legal jargon and to demystify the legal process
- To propose a course of action to achieve the best possible result
- To remain accessible by maintaining good communications and to provide clients with progress updates
Osmans Solicitors is featured on the Best of Hounslow website and there are independent reviews from clients.